Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spider smells! News at 11.

Greetings and salutations, my friends and friendlys. And to my fellow conspiracy theorists, yes, I too think Humpty Dumpty was pushed, and I think Glinda knew about that twirling house heading toward her sister. Crop circles, do NOT get me started...

Another week has passed and life is still good. Although I'm not sure it's so good if you are Clint (yes I named him), the small spider living in the corner of my bathroom, by the shower stall. I mean, if you are low enough on the food chain that you intentionally take up residence in my basement bathroom (albeit my Pink Panther theme is cute), you are on your own. I mean, I can clear a room faster than an INS agent in a meat packing plant. Well, depending on what I ate that day that is. I originally allowed Clint to stay because he was small, kept to himself and to date has made no sudden movements prompting my usual, KILL IT! shriek. He's also within my line of sight as I naturally sit on my throne, or else I'd probably just forget about him. So that got me to thinking one morning after a night of tacos and jalepenos. Can spiders smell? Because if they can, woo doggie, Clint's gotta be hurting, because I know I was. Anyway, I went on line and Ranger Rick tells me they can. That they use the small hairs on theirs legs and also the bottoms of their feet to smell prey and mates. That explains his rigid stance then, as he attempted to keep all eight of his nose feet glued to the floor that morning. Poor guy, hopefully he has a cold. It is damp down here sometimes. So I wonder now if spiders can catch swine flu? Arachnidis?

We had a great week and weekend. Friday night we met Good Nancy (Tammy's sister) and her boyfriend, Pete, up at McDuff's for some live music and good times. We were dancing fools. The two man band called Bill and Tom play 60s and 70s music and like audience participation, so on Tony Orlando's "Knock Three Times" I was handed a cow bell and drum stick, and Tammy held two small conduit-like pipes. The cow bell sound was for the three knocks and hers were for twice on the pipes if the answer is no. You get the picture. It was a ball. We shut the place down and Nancy and Pete spent the night. Of course Tipsy escaped onto the deck at one point so we just left her outside. She eventually came home. I don't want to know what spiders she visited during her wild, Bindi the Jungle Girl Adventure.

Yesterday we started at Famous Dave's (becasue I had a coupon for ribs) and worked our way over to the Canyon Grill where I ran into one of my customers and his wife. So that was kind of fun. We tried to go to the new Broadway Pizza that just opened in Coon Rapids, but is was wayyyyy too bright in there and packed with loud people playing afternoon bar bingo. Seriously, isn't there a law or something that states you cannot play bingo while the sun is still out unless you have blue hair and its at your church?

Sarah's back home today and Jake's due back at 5. Her 14th birthday is TH so we'll be off on Friday as we take her, Jake, and two of her friends to Valley Fair amusement park all day Friday. Saturday, Tammy's family will be over for a birthday party. Tacos are on the menu so I hope Clint's ready for Sunday morning, after adding coffee and eggs.

I hope you all are awesome and loving living on the big blue marble. I know I do. Until next time...
Love,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! So glad you have your own blog site, BooBoo! I will be visiting!

    I am also happy to hear you are allowing Clint to live in your basement. I don't kill spides. I do destroy their homes from time to time, but, everybody needs to change their perspective now and then, right? Hey, if Clint smells with his feet, maybe you only bother him when he is doing an Irish jig and has one foot in the air. That's only if he is Irish of course. Otherwise, perhaps he just enjoys seeing eight of you sitting on your thrones!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete