Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bald, Style or Guile?

Hi everybody! I am compelled to start this blog in the middle. So yesterday Tammy and I had Ken come over to do a little more electrical work before Nick starts putting the new ceiling up in the basement. As a thank you we took him to Serum's for wings where we hooked up with Nancy Dexter. I should have suspected the night would turn bizarre when Dexter's boyfriend Steve came along. It's not common. Let's put it this way, when I saw Steve walk in my first thought was, oh great, Steve poked his head up so there's going to be six more weeks of winter. He's usually a backgroundhog boyfriend, not a forefront. Anyway, during the course of the mega pans of wings we ingested we began to discuss a Spongebob episode, one where Spongebob is in the weeniehut talking to the nerds. The topic? Is bald a hairstyle? We had a blast discussing it. I mean, if someone purposely shaves their head is it a hairstyle? Do you need hair to have a hairstyle? What if you are genetically bald with no choice, is that no longer a style if in fact a shaved head is a style? I would be curious as to what you readers think. Is a bald head by choice a style? I say yes, but Ken says you have to have hair to have a style. The jury remains on the fence and my sides hurt from laughing.

After such witty reparte we all went over to Ken's to play pool. He lives right on the Rum River with a super great view. Anyway, he has a pool table and a killer stereo with a rocking 80s dance mix so we had a ball. The Go-Gos, Wham!, Wang Chung. It was great! We were dancing and shooting pool. It was a lot of fun and different as we didn't plan it. Then Steve left in a huff and we aren't sure why but he can get that way sometimes. I think it has to do with his groundhog roots. He doesn't get out much. So Nancy came home with us and we three hung out on the couch watching an old Medium episode. She left this morning and we've just been hanging out and doing laundry. Well, actually Tammy is attempting to hang the new blinds above the sink but I can hear frustration coming from the kitchen so I'm staying in here and blogging. Works best for everyone, LOL. One little more bit of touch up and that kitchen is done done done. It 's super great.

The rest of the week was pretty much the same. Homework, running around, you know, the usual. Oh but Friday night we dropped off some stuff for Sarah at her dad's and then went over to Bruce and New Nancy's to see the new TV and flooring they have. We ended up chatting and laughing over there for quite a awhile. Great times.

Oh and this year I am closer than ever to actually seeing all the Oscar nominated movies prior to the Oscars. We watched Inglorious Basterds, District 9, and The Hurt Locker, all in the last week. That brings us to having seen five of the 10. So far for me it's Inglorious Basterds but I think that's becasue I really enjoy The cleverness of Tarantino's stories. District 9 was unusally good though. Interesting. I had a hard time connecting with any of the characters in the Hurt Locker, but I don't do war movies very well. I still like Battleground with Van Johnson as my favorite, so that tells you something about me.

I guess that's about all there is from Sodium Manor this past week. Jake turns 12 on Tuesday so this weekend we have his kid party and family party, so that means I better get cleaning... ahh well. That's what it's all about, NOT the hokey pokey. Take care everybody. I love you all.

-Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment