Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's Bears versus Packers. WELCOME NFL 2009

I'm sitting here on my blog-a-lizer counting the ticks until kick off 2009. Bears Vs. Packers, the Sunday night game. What a way to begin the season. Wait. What's a blog-a-lizer you ask? A blog-a-lizer is a contraption that takes all of the energy required for blog creation and turns it into a total calorie and fat burning barc-o-lounger, complete with a television remote control built into the arm. It's very Star Trek. Whattya mean you want to see it to believe it? Call QVC for goodness sakes. You think I make this stuff up? I'm asking you sugar, would I lie to you?

In the meantime you will notice the photo I have added this week. It should appear to your right facing the page. That is my 16 year-old niece Taylor (no relation to Taylor Swift or Jonathon Taylor-Thomas. Oh, and where is he Mr. Lance Kerwin?) sitting in her 1976 re-furbished Chevy Camaro. It is cherry red. Although all I can see when I look at it is sour apple green but maybe that's the jealousy raging. Is that the coolest teen car or what? Seriously. That car has been in the Bruce-Christy life since Christy got it in 1976 when she turned old enough to drive. Justin's had it since. Kirby had the opportunity for it and now Taylor. They just gave it a new paint job and tires and wheels. How sweet is that? A '76 Camaro. Sweet. Reminds me of Rose Hartman and softball in my youth but hey, that's just me. Tay lives in Oklahoma, is a junior, and has no trouble filling that passenger seat.

Poor Jake. What a weekend he had this weekend. First of all on Thursday I scored my company's tickets to the Twins for Friday night. Second of all he was supposed to get his musical instrument in band class on Friday. Thirdly, his fall baseball season started this morning with a double header against Andover. Or Bendover as my friend Ken likes to say. So what happens? The poor guy wakes up with a fever Friday morning. A fever. Lord knows what that might do with all the H1N1 fear mongoring going on. So no school, no Twins, and he tried to go to his games today as his fever is gone, but he felt like crap. After warm ups he just didn't feel good. It is hot and super humid here today. In July we are in blankets seeing our voices and now it's like 90 in Mid-September. The seasons are changing but the calendar is not, that's what I say. Anyway, none of it happend for him. We gave the Twins tickets to Tammy's nephew which was cool because he really likes the Twins and the seats I scored were prime. I'm sure he had fun, though we watched and the Twins got thumped pretty badly by the A's. How do you even get beat by a team that is only a letter? What is this, Sesame Street? Tonight we thump you. Brought to you by the letter A.

Sarah spent the weekend with her friend Mariah (they have horses of course) and I have been reminding them all week that all homework MUST be done prior to kickoff Sunday night. Think it will happen? Last text I got she has 28 math problems and her dad is dropping her here at 5. I hope once we get those problems going she'll pick it up as she's in "enriched" algebra this year. Enriched. When I was in school it was called advanced or honors math. Enriched. What is this a milk supplement? Milk it does a body good. Maybe I'll just have her sit in the blog-a-lizer for a bit. Enriched. I used all my phone-a-friends last week on math help for her. You think I remember this stuff? Yikes. It is kind of fun though. You know I love learning. I'm better now then when I was trying to learn it the first time, thank goodness.

Anyway, not much else to repot. Hanging out. GO BEARS. Take care all. Until next week. I love you all.

Love,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment