Sunday, November 22, 2009

Deer me, it's a Wild life

Greetings and salutations fellow blog travelers. I have been remiss in keeping my weekly updates weekly. In life we either have results or reasons. I have many reasons why I am behind and the results speak for themselves. One reason being the basment has been torn up and my computer lives there, and had to be covered daily to keep the sheet rock dust from infiltrating the be-bopper-thingees that make computers go hmmmm. We had a water leak, well, actually the hose was left on a trickle by a mysterious physical phenomena (since no one will own using the hose, it must've been magic) for close to a week, and it leaked into the wall between the foundation and basement wall, so Tammy's nephew got it all fixed up and we purchased the paint today to cover the "new" spot, yadda badda bing. Of course that led to discussion of what we want to do with the house in general since we are not moving for a while (we looked at the possibility of going north the 7 miles into the kids' school district but that's not feasible right now since all the foreclosures and short sales have diluted the market prices, etc.) and what to do with the basement and kitchen, and that led to more paint being purchased, currently scheduled to be applied this week and weekend. And THAT led to discussion on painting the kitchen cabinets and buying new counter tops. And THAT led to discussion of remodeling the basement and turning the bedroom down there into a master bedroom for us, expanding the bathroom down there and adding a walk-in closet. And THAT led to me popping this beer and starting my blog... I can't take it...... bwahahaha

Long story short (too late I know), Tammy and I took her mom and brother Dan to the NHL Wild game a couple of weeks ago. I scored the tickets from my work since all the guys were tied up with deer opener. You know, going unshaven for days, dipping the Skoal or Copenhagen, drinking beer, guy bonding chest pounding tall tale telling; my co-workers live for it, and you get my drift. Minnesota goes crazy for its hunting, that's for sure, and most of the guys I work with hunt. Well, except Kenny, but he trolls the happy hours for all the hunter widows during the season so in a sense he's a hunter too. That said, we had a ball at the hockey game. Great seats and a good game and we won against the Dallas Stars, which were formerly the Minnesota North Stars. Sarah opted not to go becuase she is crazy (my opinion lol) and Jake did not go because he was hunting (of course) with his dad down near Winona. Andy got a deer this year, a 13-pointer. The term, "Nice rack," has a different meaning up here you know. Hence the photo of Jake with a decapitated deer head in his hands. How sweet.

Right now I just got done on the treadmill, or the hampster wheel, as I call it. I'm up for losing a few pounds this winter and fitting into some older jeans I remember fondly. Wish me luck. I'll either get there or not; results or reasons that's for sure.

Tonight the Bears take on the Eagles for the late game. Jake loves the Eagles. McNabb is even his screen saver. So I'm about to embark on making jambalaya from scratch and donning my Urlacher jersey to settle in and watch. I'll also have my autographed Gayle Sayers mini-helmet on display and my Bears koozie and...ok, that's enough. He'll sport his McNabb jersey (that I bought him by the way - hope he remembers that if the Eagles are thumping them - lol)and use his Eagles drinking glass. Oh how I wish the Bears were playing better this year. Oh well, it should be fun anyway. Let the taunting begin.

I guess that's about it for this week. Take care everyone. I love you all. GO BEARS!

Love,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment